1. Overview of Policy
By using any of our services in person or through our website or any other channels (including daily rate alerts and newsletters ) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the privacy notice. It is important to us that you are confident and aware of our approach to handling personal information.
2. Information We Collect
Personal information refers to any information that could be used to identify an individual or relates to the identity of an individual. We may collect and process the following data :
- Personal details such as data which may identify you or the beneficiary of your transaction with us such as name, residential address and /or business address, e-mail address, telephone number, and date of birth, gender, citizenship, occupation, and identity verification information such as copies of your government-issues identification or other authentic information For non-individual clients, we may collect information about the entity, its corporate records and personal information about the Beneficial Owners of the business & any person who is authorized to act on behalf of the entity.
- Financial details such as your or your beneficiaries bank details in order to execute the transaction instructions
- Additional details required to ensure compliance with AMLCTF act, such as relationship to the beneficiary, the purpose of the transaction and proof for the source of funds.
- Technical information, including the host from which you access the Internet, your IP address or device advertising ID, and network information, the date and time you access our websites and the address of the site from which you linked to our website when you visit us. We collect personal information on your online activities as described in the section titled “Cookies & Tracking”.
- We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to provide you with a product or service and we have your consent or, unless we are legally required to collect, use or disclose such information. Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, any information about a person’s religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices, racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, criminal record or health information. We will always strive to explain the purpose for collecting sensitive information.
To conduct a money transfer, or use other payment services, you must provide certain information to execute the transfer and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations associated with transferring money. Failure to provide some of your personal information may affect our ability to provide our services to you. This may include information about the form of identification used to send or receive a transaction (where required by law) including the identification or a copy of the identification document, transaction activity, bank account and payment information.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
Ceylon Exchange collects your personal information in several ways:
- When you complete an application form to register for our services and /or setting up an account with us.
- While providing customer support or consultation, including using email, telephone, live chat or postal mail.
- Through automated means such as communications protocols, e-mail communications and cookies or similar internet mechanisms.
- Through your use of social media or other public data sources.
- Through your interest in Ceylon Exchange advertisements placed on third party sites.
- For corporate clients, we may collect personal information about the beneficial owners from any person that has represented to us that they have authority to act on behalf of the entity and provide that information.
In addition to the personal information we collect from you, we may also collect your personal information from the person to whom you send and/or receive money.
4. How we use your Information
We use personal information in several ways including;
- To complete your transaction, administration of your account, to contact you, to resolve any problem that may arise in effecting the transaction.
- To verify your identity or authenticate your right to access an account or other information.
- To notify you about changes or developments relating to our service which you used or have requested.
- To perform analytics on understanding our customers, improving their experience.
- For compliance purposes including the prevention and detection of fraud and crime.
- To contact you with marketing communications in relation to the products and services of Ceylon Exchange.
- To comply with applicable laws or respond to the government authorities.
- For quality control and staff training.
We may use your personal information for any additional purposes related to the purposes listed above. However, we will not use your personal information other than for purpose you would reasonably expect or authorized by you or as required by law.
5. Sharing of Information
For the purposes listed in this statement, Ceylon Exchange may disclose or share relevant information with the flowing third parties if you ask us to, it is required to provide our service to you or we are obliged by law to disclose to do so.
- Our agents and other affiliates who facilitate the money transfer transaction or specific service you have requested. Payments processors, banking partners and data processors contracted to support processing your transactions.
- Contractors or service providers such as webhosting and IT infrastructure and administration service, for the purpose of providing our service to you.
- Customer services, based on your consent where applicable, including marketing, advertising and customer satisfaction and market research on our behalf.
- Identity verification agencies and other organizations contracted to validate and authenticate your identity and manage risks related to security, fraud, and identity and who provide sanction screening services for AMLCTF compliance. Verification agencies may need to access third party database such as databases of governments issuers of identifications.
- Third parties that you have authorized to access your account and/or your account information in order to perform services for you, such as account information service providers and payment initiation service providers.
- Government authorities, regulatory and financial authorities, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement bodies, courts, governments, or government agencies for the purpose of complying with compliance and legal obligations or to assert or defend the rights and interests of Ceylon Exchange or that of others, enforcing our customer agreement or other applicable agreement or policies.
We may disclose your personal information to AUSTRAC (Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre), a Court or Tribunal in response to a request or in response to a subpoena or to the Australian Taxation Office upon request.
If Ceylon Exchange becomes involved in a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of some or all its assets, we may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with the evaluation of the transaction. The surviving company may have access to personal information which would continue to be subject to this privacy statement.
Ceylon Exchange will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. Most importantly. Use of your personal information for any other purpose, such as marketing purposes, will always be made in compliance with the applicable law regarding customer consent.
6. Cross-border Data transfers
We may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, our third party service providers operate for the purpose providing you our service. Additionally, when you send or receive money to or from another country, we will also be required to share some of your personal information with law enforcement or regulatory or security authorities of that country as required or permitted by law. Furthermore data protection rules of other countries may be different from those of your country.
7. How long your personal information retained?
We will retain personal information we have collected only for the time period needed for business purposes or as required by the corresponding regulatory authorities and we will ensure secure destruction thereafter. In accordance with AUSTRAC requirements and the relevant legislation we keep your transaction records for seven years. We may also need to keep it for longer for legitimate business purposes (such as transactional information for our accounting purposes) and for other legal and regulatory reasons. Personal data provided to us for marketing proposes may be retained until you opt out or until we become aware the data in inaccurate.
8. Data Security
We take reasonable measures designed to maintain the security of your personal data against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We store personal information as a combination of computer storage, paper-based files and other records. We have deployed industry-standard practices and security measures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect. Ceylon Exchange may store personal information on databases in Australia and other parts of the world for back-up and business operation after satisfying such places have implemented industry standards of security. All our employees who have access to , or are associated with , the processing of personal data are contractually obliged to abide by the privacy policies we have established and maintain the confidentiality Our service providers are aware of the need to comply with privacy principles and the agreements we have entered in to with them covers this aspect. Although our information security standards confirm to applicable industry standards, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal data as no security system is perfect and impenetrable.
Please be aware that transmission of information over the internet or other media is not 100% secure and we encourage you to safeguard your account information and login credentials, use passwords that are sufficiently complex and not to share them with others. If we receive instructions using your login information, we will consider you have authorized instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or you have reason to believe that your interaction with us no longer secure.
From time to time we may also use your personal information to provide you with current information about our products and new offerings that may be of interest and benefit to you. We may contact you via phone, email, or mail about our new or existing products, services, promotions or for customer survey purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our offices by telephoning (02) 9749 7775 or e-mailing us. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important service, administrative or transaction-related communications. You should note that we are opposed to third-party spam mail activities and do not participate in such mailings, nor do we release or authorise the use of customer personal data to third parties for such purposes.
10. Cookies & Tracking
11. Social Media Features
Our website may include social media features, such as a Messenger or WhatsApp chat bubble or other interactive mini programs. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable smooth functioning of the feature in future. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
12. Third Party websites and services
Ceylon Exchange website or online channels may contain links to other websites whose operators may or may not adhere to a Privacy Statement. Ceylon Exchange is not responsible for the content of privacy policies of these websites. Users are encouraged to review the privacy statement of these other websites before providing them with personal information.
13. Information from Children
Ceylon Exchange does not direct our services at children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from our website or other channels from persons under the age of 18.
14. Access to Information
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you or request correction to existing personal information. We will provide ways to give you reasonable access to your information in our database to review, update, or modify as required. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections and in some circumstances, we may charge an administrative fee which will be advised in advance. There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. An example of such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious. If we deny you access to any of your personal information that we hold, we will provide an explanation for such refusal.
15. Maintenance of Information
We are committed to ensuring that the information we obtain and use about you is accurate for its intended purpose. We ask you to regularly review and advise us of changes to your personal information so we could update our records promptly. Accurate information about you enables us to provide you with the best possible service.
16. Updates to this policy
1/1 Station Road
Auburn NSW 2144
Phone: (02) 9749 7775
Last updated – 03 January 2022